Let’s support our indigenous people in the upcoming run entitles “Run for the Mountains; a charity run which is happening on June 24, 2018 (Sunday) at the Seascape Village in Pasay City and simultaneously at SM Iloilo. This will be a unique fun run that aims to raise awareness and financial support for the Indigenous People Group of the Philippines and Smokey Mountain Kids.
What to expect at the Run for the Mountains?
- This will be not your typical foot race, this year’s “Run for the Mountains” showcases an experiential race course that will enable leisure, amateur, and professional runners to experience first-hand how our indigenous peoples hunt, cook and go about their day-to-day activities while covering 3 distance of 3km, 5km or 10km.
See video from last year:
2. The fundraising activity is organized by JCI Manila, the premier leadership development organization for young leaders.
It is considered one of the legacy programs of the said non-government organization due to the massive outpouring of support it receives each year and the huge impact it serves to the communities of Indigenous Peoples and the Smokey Mountain Kids.
3. This is the second year of the ”Run for the Mountains”. Aside from espousing family values. camaraderie, and diversity, ”Run for the Mountains” effectively teaches respect and a renewed appreciation for our culture while raising financial support for the marginalized community in Smokey Mountain and indigenous Peoples.
- 3 kilometers
- 5 kilometers
- 10 kilometers
Be involved in one of the biggest, one-of-a-kind, fundralsing fun runs in the Philippines by signing up for the ”Run for the Mountains” at the following Garmin and Apartment 8 branches:
1. Garmin MOA
2. Garmin Glorletta
3. Garmin Uptown BGC
4. Garmin Megamall
5. Affinitea SM North EDSA
6. Affinitea Legarda
7. Apartment 8, 33B Scout Borromeo St. Brgy. South Triangle, Quezon City 1103
8. Apartment 8 UP Town Center, 2/F Phase 2
9. Apartment 8 Alabang Town Center G/F
10. Apartment 8 Tiendesitas 2/F Silver City, Pasig
Race categories and corresponding race fees:
- 3km (PhP700.00)
- 5km (PhP800.00)
- 10km (PhP950.00)
Interested participants can also register online at https://affinitearaces.com/product-category/run-for-the-mountains-manila/.
For more information on “Run for the Mountains,” visit https://www.facebook.com/runforthemountains/.